Q: Why isn't there any pressure on my filter?
A: Usually that means there is a clog. Check these areas:
- The pump: The impeller or the pump basket may have too much debris
- The suction valve: in most cases the skimmer and main drain valve may have an obstruction.
- The cleaner: If the pool has a dedicated cleaner line, the cleaner itself may have debris.
Q: Why isn't there any water in my pump? - Or why is my pump not primed?
- The pump lid o-ring could be warped, dry or torn allowing air into the system
- Check water level: If the water level is significantly low, the skimmer is not receiving
the proper amount of water.
- Weir door is stuck in the up position, preventing flow of water
- Pump basket is installed incorrectly
Q: Why does my pool need so much chlorine?
A: Rapid chlorine usage isn't always from swimming:
- The demand can be caused by dirty filters (filtration)
- Weak circulation
- Pool run time is not long enough, (hence circulation)
- Old water! Calcium hardness and high total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Using inadequate amounts of chlorine and combined chlorine (sanitation)
Q: Can I add tablets to the skimmer?
A: It is NOT safe to add chlorine tablets to the skimmer.
- The gases in one chlorine table can quickly wear down O-rings in the system
- Those o-rings include valves, pump, and filter o-ring.
- They can break down due to corrosion.
- Heaters can also corrode and can cause expensive repairs.
- A small purchase for a floater can save you hundreds in equipment repairs.
Q: What exactly is preformed during pool service?
A: Our services include:
- Brushing tiles and walls
- Netting surface
- Vacuuming the interior
- Testing all variables of water chemistry
- Emptying baskets, including pump baskets
- Checking for leaks and maintaining steady filter pressure
Q: How much is it for us to come out?
A: For us to come out and diagnose or solve a minor/major issue, our service fee is $98 for the first trip. If a second trip is needed, we will give you a breakdown of the cost up front and on paper.
I hope these tips have been helpful to you. If you would like for us to service your pool, we are happy to do so!